NO KILL COLORADO - SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
Every penny no Kill Colorado receives in the month of September 2017 goes to efforts for pet victims of Hurricane Harvey. To date we have had 18 people on the ground in Houston and half a dozen working here in support in Colorado.
Donations paid for first for fuel, second for supplies needed that are not donated in kind. If anything is left over, all will go to other needs of these pets after our teams are all back.
We posted on FB so you can see what went on.
No Kill Colorado' last rescue team returned to Colorado on 9/12/2017.
We are no longer looking for donations for Harvey. If we get them we will donate them to Harvey related pets for the rest of the month (Sept 2017). If you want to donate directly to help haqrvey pets, we highly recommend you donate to Austin Pets Alive!: http://www.austinpetsalive.org
You can always donate below to No Kill Colorado to help Make Colorado the Safest State for Homeless Pets. Our work there continues....
All donations to No Kill Colorado will go directly to life saving of animals affected by Harvey. If for any reason, it is not spent, we will donate any leftover funds to a group we see down there that needs it and is doing good work.
No Kill Statistics
- About 8 million animals enter shelters every year.
- Approximately 2.6 million animals (32%) are killed (22% of dogs and 45% of cats).
- Roughly 30 million acquire a new companion animal every year.
- Only 1-2% of shelter animals are irremediably suffering.
- One million people live in communities saving between 98% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
- About 10 million people live in communities saving between 90% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
- Over 40 million people live in communities saving at least 80% of dogs and cats in their shelters.