NO KILL COLORADO - What's Next?
Currently we are working with a group in Southern Colorado called Reform Pueblo Animal Shelter. Keep up with what is happening as this community group made up of Pueblo citizens changes the lives of the homeless pet entering their community. Join them on FaceBook.
We are no longer looking for donations for Hurricane Harvey activities. Your generousn donations . If we get them we will donate them to Harvey related pets for the rest of the month (Sept 2017).helped 18 NKC volunteers, 20,0000 lbs of supplies and hundreds of animals. You rock! If you still want to donate directly to help Harvey pets, we highly recommend you donate to Austin Pets Alive!: http://www.austinpetsalive.org APA! was the premier organizations on the ground and took on immense responsiblity and save thousands.
We are also starting to create our report of the all the money you donated and where it went. We want you to know every penny went to help pets affected by Hurricane Harvey. The report will be out soon.
You can always donate below to No Kill Colorado to help Make Colorado the Safest State for Homeless Pets. Our work there continues....
All donations to No Kill Colorado will go directly to life saving via programs of the No Kill Equation.
No Kill Statistics
- About 8 million animals enter shelters every year.
- Approximately 2.6 million animals (32%) are killed (22% of dogs and 45% of cats).
- Roughly 30 million acquire a new companion animal every year.
- Only 1-2% of shelter animals are irremediably suffering.
- One million people live in communities saving between 98% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
- About 10 million people live in communities saving between 90% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
- Over 40 million people live in communities saving at least 80% of dogs and cats in their shelters.