Here are U.S. sheltering statistics at a glance*:
- About 8 million animals enter shelters every year.
- Approximately 2.6 million animals (32%) are killed (22% of dogs and 45% of cats).
- Roughly 30 million acquire a new companion animal every year.
- Only 1-2% of shelter animals are irremediably suffering.
- One million people live in communities saving between 98% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
- About 10 million people live in communities saving between 90% and 99% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
- Over 40 million people live in communities saving at least 80% of dogs and cats in their shelters.
It’s was a great event again! Every year we do something for Just One Day adoption celebration. This year, we are hosting an adoption event in Pueblo with Southern Colorado Spay Neuter Association.
On Saturday, June 11, 2016 – 11AM –4PM We all got into our cars and with tents, tables and anticipation of helping homeless pets. 240 vaccinations and 19 s/n vouchers sold. Such a successful day with a wonderful, fun-loving and very free-spirited group of advocates. Thank you to Lisa and the Southern Colorado Spay and Neuter Association. Beautiful facility offering critical services to the city of Pueblo. #justoneday